News and Announcements
Wed. Feb. 28- Lacrosse Introductory Program(IP)/Try Lacrosse session #1- Benson Centre Field House- 5:30-6:30pm (registration at 5:00pm). Program appropriate for Paperweight (2012-2013) and new Tyke (2010-2011) players. Required equipment- helmet with face mask and gloves (can be from hockey), as well as a lacrosse stick. Cost for six sessions $50.
Tue. Mar. 6- Drop-in Lacrosse for returning players- Benson Field House- 5:00 to 6:00pm. Please wear full equipment. $5 a player.
Wed. Mar. 7 –* Lacrosse IP/Try Lacrosse session #2*- Benson Field House- 5:00 to 6:00pm.
Wed. Mar. 14- Lacrosse IP/Try Lacrosse session #3- Benson Field House- 5:00 to 6:00pm.
Wed. Mar. 21-* Lacrosse IP/Try Lacrosse session #4*- Benson Field House- 5:00 to 6:00pm.
Wed. Mar. 28- Lacrosse IP/Try Lacrosse session #5- Benson Field House- 6:00 to 7:00pm.
Wed. Apr. 4-* Lacrosse IP/Try Lacrosse session #6*- Benson Field House- 5:00 to 6:00pm. Information session for parents to run concurrently.
Thurs. Apr. 5 Drop-in Lacrosse for returning players- Benson Field House- 5:00 to 6:00pm. Please wear full equipment. $5 a player.
House league start date and Rep team tryouts will occur near the end of April. Dates will be announced soon.
Online Registration is open! The following is some important and helpful information regarding the process:
The link to our online registration is
Programs that are currently open for registration:
Try Lacrosse PreSeason program $50
2018 House League $115
Paperweight Birth Years 2012-2013
Tyke Birth Years 2010-2011
2018 Rep $135
Novice Birth Years 2008-2009
PeeWee Birth Years 2006-2007
Bantam Birth Years 2004-2005
Midget Birth Years 2002-2003
What you’ll need to register
1. The move to the new registration systems means that ALL players (new & returning) must provide proof of age documentation during online registration (copy of a birth certificate or passport). This proof of age documentation must be uploaded in *.jpg, *.png or *.pdf format during the SportzSoft online registration process.
2. Coaches will have to provide coaching certification during online registration.
3. Volunteers will also have to upload a current Criminal Record Check during online registration.
4. A valid email address is needed to create a SportzSoft account.
By registering as a member of the CMLA, players and their parents accept and agree to abide by the CMLA Code of Conduct.
Competitive/Rep registration notes
Players selected to a CMLA competitive team will be required to pay an additional fee to cover team costs (tournaments, apparel, extra floor time, etc.). The competitive team fee will be announced once the team roster selection is completed.
• Players intending to tryout for Team Ontario must register early in order to have your OLA player card registered with the OLA in time for the tryouts. Uncarded players will not be allowed to tryout as per OLA regulations
• As per OLA rule MR2.10 – Any player who has not registered with their resident box association by the 3rd Sunday in March will be ineligible for a rep release.
CMLA is excited to announce the Junior C Celtics coaching staff for the upcoming 2018 season. The Head Coach is Troy Lyons and he will be assisted by Trent Jacobs, Vaughn Harris and Chris George. Thank you to our very talented & experienced bench!
CMLA is excited to announce the following rep team Head Coach appointments for the upcoming 2018 season.
Novice – Scott McMaster
PeeWee – Yvon Besner
Bantam – Steve Dovas
Midget – Mike Fawthrop
We are hopeful a Tyke appointment will be made soon. Thank you to all our dedicated coaches!
Cornwall Minor Lacrosse is seeking a House League Coordinator to provide oversight to our 2018 House League program. The House League Coordinator will be responsible to the House League Director for program planning and delivery to Paperweight and Tyke players (ages 5-8). The program will run every Wednesday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. commencing April 25th and ending June 27th. The Coordinator can expect to work up to 4 hours per week during this period.
If you enjoy coaching and working with children and have a sound knowledge of box lacrosse we would love to hear from you.
Please submit a completed application form (attached to this posting) to our House League Director Beth Pollock firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2018.
Please be advised, in accordance with OLA Rules and Regulations, you must submit a current Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector) (CRC) prior to commencing employment
The document HLCoordinator_2018.pdf was attached to this post.